The FloodMaster RS-080 Series of Water Main Shut-Off and Alarm products are designed for localized leak detection (one room, one floor, etc.). When a leak is detected, the unit will automatically shut off the water main supply line. Specific model selection is based on the valve size required to interface to the designated water main pipe. Standard valve sizes range from 3/4″ to 4″ (see full list of sizes below).
For more sophisticated monitoring across larger areas and multiple floors, please see the app-based RSC-900 for cutting-edge wireless plumbing leak protection.
While other FloodMaster leak detection products are intended for localized appliance control, the RS-080 series is designed for the complete shutoff of water to the entire building or facility plumbing section. When the sensor puck comes in contact with water, the system will automatically shut down the water feed line and sound an audible alarm, thus avoiding extensive water damage. FloodMaster units are easy to install and require no electrical wiring. A dry contact output to a home security panel, control room or appropriate relay is also standard on all units.
FloodMaster RS-080 Benefits
- Rigid and reliable automatic valves
- Multiple sensor pucks can be added to a single alarm system
- Multiple valve sizes available
- Audible alarm
- Easy installation – no electrical wiring required
- Easy reset
- Valves meet NSF/ANSI 61 and 372 potable water standard
- Unit can interface with a home security alarm system, control room or appropriate relay*
- Plenum-rated kit available (RS-080-MK6)
Optional Accessories & Add-Ons**
- Cable Adder – Cable extension accessories are available in 10′, 25′, 50′ and 100′ lengths for applications that require remote mounting of the Receiver box. P/N RSA-400-010; -025; -050; -100
- Wired Sensor Pucks – Up to 5 additional sensors can be wired to a single RS-080 Receiver box for a wider area of leak detection, with 8′, 25′, 50′ and 100′ cable lengths available. P/N RSA-100-008; -025; -050; -100. Order RSA-150-xxx for 1/2″ elevated sensors.
- Sensing Rope Kit – The Sensing Rope is ideal for use with low tanks, or for room perimeter and sub-floor leak detection applications. P/N RSA-175-810
- Auto Dialer – A convenient, low-cost add-on to send and receive automatic alerts whenever your FloodMaster system identifies a fault condition. P/N RSA-600-003
RDT recommends that installations be completed by a licensed plumber to ensure that all local code requirements are followed.
MA Board of Registration of Plumbers Approval Code # P3-0818-66.
* Click here to download electrical wiring schematics (PDF) for controlling a pump or other motorized device using the optional relay signal connection on the back of the FloodMaster unit. Be sure to consult local electrical codes to ensure compliance.
** All sold separately.
Standard Valve Sizes
- 3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2", 2" (Ball)
- 2-1/2", 3", 4" (Butterfly)
- Click on each valve size to view technical & engineering specs (PDF).
- Actual valve appearance may vary from photo at right.
Transformer, 120 VAC, with standard wall outlet plug
Power Cord: 12’
Sensor Cord: 8' standard(custom lengths also available)
Valve Cable: 8' standard(adder lengths are also available)
UPC SKU #s
- 857640005281 for RS-080-3/4 (3/4" valve)
- 857640005298 for RS-080-1 (1" valve)
- 857640005304 for RS-080-1-1/2 (1-1/2" valve)
- 857640005311 for RS-080-1-1/4 (1-1/4" valve)
- 857640005328 for RS-080-2 (2" valve)
- 857640005786 for RS-080-2-1/2 (2-1/2" valve)
- 857640005793 for RS-080-3 (3" valve)
- 857640005809 for RS-080-4 (4" valve)
Product Data Sheets
- RS-080 Ball Valve (3/4" to 2") Technical Submittal Data Sheet
- RS-080 Butterfly Valve (2-1/2" to 4") Technical Submittal Data Sheet
- RS-080 Install Instructions
- Electrical Wiring Schematics
- Cross-Wiring Receivers for Simultaneous Shut-Down of Hot and Cold Water Feed Lines