Hose-fed appliance failures can happen at any time, often without warning and hidden from view. These leaks can cause substantial flooding and property damage if allowed to run for more than even just a few minutes’ time. FloodMaster’s Alarm and Automatic Shut-Off System is ideal for minimizing water damage when these failures occur.
Install the FloodMaster valve on the hard pipe feed water line between the manual shut-off and the hose line, using the provided 1/2” NPT x 3/8” fittings. Lay the wire rope sensor under the dishwasher or around the area where water from a leak is most likely to accumulate. When the sensor detects leaking water, an audible alarm will sound and the valve will automatically shut off the feed water intake to prevent catastrophic water damage.
FloodMaster RS-092 Benefits:
- Detects hidden leaks
- Avoid costly floor replacement resulting from long-term water exposure
- Reduce or eliminate water damage and insurance claims
- Additional sensors can easily be added to the system for a wider area of leak detection
- System is reusable – when the alarm sounds, fix the problem and reset unit for continued protection
- Unit can interface with a home security alarm system or appropriate relay*
Optional Accessories & Add-Ons**
- Wired Sensor Pucks – Up to 5 additional sensors can be wired to a single RS-094 Receiver box for a wider area of leak detection, with 8′, 25′, 50′ and 100′ cable lengths available. P/N RSA-100-008; -025; -050; -100. Order RSA-150-xxx for 1/2″ elevated sensors.
- Sensing Rope Kit – Additional rope-style sensors are available to extend the area of leak detection. P/N RSA-175-810
- Auto Dialer – A convenient, low-cost add-on to send and receive automatic alerts whenever your FloodMaster system identifies a fault condition. P/N RSA-600-003
- Residential kitchens
- Commercial break rooms
- Residential water treatment and reverse osmosis systems
- Commercial beverage dispensers
- New construction, rehabs and remodels
- Commercial, residential, academic, institutional and industrial settings
NSF/ANSI 61 and 372 Approved Actuator and Valve.
MA Board of Registration of Plumbers Approval Code P1-0617-575.
RDT recommends that installations be completed by a licensed plumber to ensure that all local code requirements are followed.
* Click here to download electrical wiring schematics (PDF) for controlling a pump or other motorized device using the optional relay signal connection on the back of the FloodMaster unit. Be sure to consult local electrical codes to ensure compliance.
** All sold separately.
- 1/2” full port valve (NSF/ANSI 61 and 372)
- (1) 3/8” male compression fitting
- (1) 3/8” female compression fitting
- Click here for RS-092 valve technical & engineering specs (PDF).
- MK1: 120 VAC wall wart - or -
- MK2: 120, 208 or 240 VAC to 24 VAC step-down transformer & mounting plate
- Power Cable: 12’
- Sensor Cable: 6’ lead wire with 10’ of sensing cable
- Connection to home security panel
- Control secondary system with appropriate relay
- SPDT relay output contact
Product Data & Submittal Sheets
UPC SKU #s
- 857640005847 for RS-092-1/2-MK1 (1/2" valve)
- 857640005854 for RS-092-1/2-MK2 (1/2" valve)