Indoor plumbing leak detection is a simple concept, but it is not a one-size-fits-all deployment. Specifying the right solution for your project requires an understanding of:
- The potential water leak risks that are in play and what equipment needs to be monitored
- System-related considerations such as access to piping and plumbing, appliances located in plenum spaces, and available electrical power
- The required system response when a leak is detected – a simple alarm, automatic water supply shut-off, tie-in to BMS, etc.
Undetected indoor plumbing leaks can create costly insurance claims, rate increases, unhappy tenants, business shutdowns, and monetary fines from skyrocketing water bills. In fact, water damage is the #1 source of property losses for owners of offices, apartments and other real estate facilities. Forward-thinking specifying engineers can educate clients and protect properties against damage from undetected leaks by employing cost-effective water leak detection technology.
Reliance Detection Technologies is an ASPE-certified CEU provider that routinely works with engineers specifying leak detection for their projects. From wireless, app-based systems for wide-area monitoring to basic water alarms and kits dedicated to specific water-fed equipment, RDT provides reliable, easily deployed solutions for every space and budget.
Where are the vulnerabilities in your buildings?
Call us at 888-771-4929 or fill out this short form to discuss your project’s plumbing leak vulnerability points, including…
- Water heaters
- Beverage dispensers & ice machines
- Washing machines
- HVAC condensate pans
- Sinks, toilets & tubs
- Medical/dental equipment feed lines
- Aging valves and pipes
- And other water-fed appliances and plumbing fixtures
Are your buildings protected?
CONTACT US to discuss your project with a leak detection expert.
Please only hit the Submit button once – it may take a moment to process.
References: 1. According to Zurich Insurance data.