Water heater and water tank failures can happen at any time, often without warning, and can cause substantial flooding and property damage if nobody is nearby to detect the leak right away. FloodMaster’s Water Heater Leak Alarm and Automatic Shut-Off Systems are ideal for minimizing water damage when these failures occur – even in plenum spaces, thanks to our new RS-094-MK6 kit.
Simply install the FloodMaster valve to the feed water line for the water tank and place the sensor puck on the floor, in a pan near the pressure relief valve drain tube, or in a position where the leaking water would first appear. When the FloodMaster sensor detects leaking water, the system will automatically shut off the feed water intake and sound an audible alarm. This closed-loop system disables the cold water supply line to hot water tanks or similar applications with basic plumbing installation. Units are powered by a standard 120 VAC wall outlet.
FloodMaster RS-094 Benefits:
- Lead-free ANSI/NSF 61 Annex G valve meets U.S. EPA Safe Drinking Water Standards
- Modified kits are available for installations involving plenum spaces, low-profile tanks and more
- Reduce or eliminate water damage and insurance claims
- Easy installation
- Additional sensors can easily be added to the system for a wider area of leak detection (additional wired sensor puck p/n RSA-100-008)
- Turns off water source automatically, even if you aren’t home to hear the alarm
- System is reusable – when the alarm sounds, fix the problem and reset unit for continued protection
- Made entirely of corrosion-free materials
- Plugs in to a standard wall outlet (120 VAC)
- Unit can interface with a home security alarm system or appropriate relay*
- Full port valve
Optional Accessories & Add-Ons**
- Electrical Plug Interrupter – Ideal for applications requiring that the electricity to the Power-Vent unit also be shut off when a leak is detected. Plugs into standard 120 VAC wall outlet; wires to RS-094 terminal block. For use with conventional Plug-In Power-Vent Gas Water Heaters. P/N RSA-600-001
- Wired Sensor Pucks – Up to 5 additional sensors can be wired to a single RS-094 Receiver box for a wider area of leak detection, with 8′, 25′, 50′ and 100′ cable lengths available. P/N RSA-100-008; -025; -050; -100. Order RSA-150-xxx for 1/2″ elevated sensors.
- Sensing Rope Kit – The Sensing Rope is ideal for use with low tanks, or for room perimeter and sub-floor leak detection applications. P/N RSA-175-810
- Auto Dialer – A convenient, low-cost add-on to send and receive automatic alerts whenever your FloodMaster system identifies a fault condition. P/N RSA-600-003
Do you have additional code or application requirements? Modified kits are available for specific application conditions, including:
- Step-Down Transformer and Plenum-Rated Wires for Plenum Spaces (RS-094-MK6)
- Rope Sensor Kit for Low-Profile Tanks (RS-094-MK1)
- Automatic Electrical Shut-Off to the Power Vent (RS-094-MK4)
- Automatic Pilot Interrupter for Conventional Gas Fired Tanks (RS-094-MK5)
- Gas Interface Cable for Conventional Vent Water Heaters (RS-094-MK7)
- Common risk housing – condos, apartments
- Vacation homes and properties
- Residential or commercial properties
- Finished basements
- Man caves, hobby rooms, collectible rooms
CSA TIL-MSE-50 and UL ANSI61 Annex G Approved Actuator and Valve.
MA Board of Registration of Plumbers Approval from 05/06/2015 – 05/06/2018 Code # P1-0515-489.
FloodMaster recommends that installations be completed by a licensed plumber to ensure that all local code requirements are followed.
* Click here to download electrical wiring schematics (PDF) for controlling a pump or other motorized device using the optional relay signal connection on the back of the FloodMaster unit. Be sure to consult local electrical codes to ensure compliance.
** All sold separately.
Legacy Product Info
Does your product look like this? Click here for documentation and FAQs related to legacy versions of this product (including the wireless FM-194).
The 2013 revision of the FM-094 is identical to the RS-094.
- Full port valve
- Complies with new U.S. Safe Drinking Water Standards (ANSI/NSF 61/Annex G)
- Available in 1/2", 3/4", 1" and 1-1/4" sizes
- Click here for RS-094 valve technical & engineering specs (PDF).
- Plugs into standard 110V wall outlet
- Transformer: 120 VAC, cUL Listed
- Power cord: 12'
- Sensor Cable: 8' (custom lengths also available)
- Connection to home security panel
- Control secondary system with appropriate relay
- SPDT relay output contact
- Use standard alarm wire
Product Data Sheets
- RS-094 Data Sheet
- RS-094 Ficha de Datos (Español)
- RS-094 Install Instructions & Quick-Start Guide
- Electrical Wiring Schematics
- Video: Installation Walk Thru
Frequently Asked Questions
UPC SKU #s
- 857640005373 for RS-094-1/2 (1/2" valve)
- 857640005380 for RS-094-3/4 (3/4" valve)
- 857640005397 for RS-094-1 (1" valve)
- 857640005403 for RS-094-1-1/4 (1-1/4" valve)
Customize Your Solution!
Electrical Plug Interrupter Accessory – Ideal for applications that require the electricity to the Power-Vent unit to be shut off when a leak is detected. P/N RSA-600-001 (Sold separately)
Sensing Rope Kit – Ideal for low profile tanks or applications where a wider area of coverage is desired. P/N RSA-175-810 (Sold separately)