FloodMaster’s Washing Machine Leak Alarm & Automatic Water Shut-Off Systems can help you prevent extensive water damage when a washing machine leaks – a common cause of costly insurance claims and deductibles. Such damages are more extensive with upstairs laundry rooms and apartments located above the ground floor.
When the FloodMaster sensor puck detects a water leak, the system sounds an audible alarm and the dual valve automatically shuts off both the hot and cold water supply lines.
FloodMaster RS-090 Benefits:
- Reduce risk of water damage with automatic water shut-off of both hot and cold water lines – even if you aren’t home to hear the alarm
- Easy installation
- System is reusable – when the alarm sounds, fix the problem and reset unit for continued protection
- No wiring is necessary – simply plug in to a standard wall outlet (120 VAC)
- Installation may make you eligible for an insurance discount
- Transformer is cUL listed; actuator is CE listed
- Unit can interface with a home security alarm system or appropriate relay*
Optional Accessories & Add-Ons**
- Sensing Rope Kit – The Sensing Rope is ideal for use with low tanks, or for room perimeter and sub-floor leak detection applications. P/N RSA-175-810
- Auto Dialer – A convenient, low-cost add-on to send and receive automatic alerts whenever your FloodMaster system identifies a fault condition. P/N RSA-600-003
The FloodMaster RS-090 is most commonly installed in conjunction with residential washing machines, in-line between the hot and cold water faucets and the water line connections on the washer. While typical installations have a manual lever for water flow shut-off, these require hands-on action to shut down the water flow. If no one is home when a leak occurs, the resulting water damage can be catastrophic! The FloodMaster system provides constant monitoring and automatic water shutoff when leaking water comes in contact with the sensor puck. Place the sensor on the floor near or under the washer where water is likely to accumulate during a leak, and we’ll take care of the rest!
* Click here to download electrical wiring schematics (PDF) for controlling a pump or other motorized device using the optional relay signal connection on the back of the FloodMaster unit. Be sure to consult local electrical codes to ensure compliance.
** All sold separately.
Legacy Product Info
Does your product look like this? Click here for documentation related to previous versions of this product (FM-090), including the wireless FM-190.
- Transformer: 120 VAC, cUL listed
- Actuator: CE listed
- Brass fitting; typical pipes
- (2) high-pressure stainless steel hose, 6" long or greater, included
- Click here for RS-090 valve technical & engineering specs (PDF).
- Power cord: 12'
UPC SKU #
- 857640005335 for RS-090
Product Data Sheets
- RS-090 Data Sheet
- RS-090 Technical Specification Sheet
- RS-090 Install Instructions
- Electrical Wiring Schematics